It seems I almost forgot to report on the last day of our trip. Well it was pretty uneventful in any case. We got up kind of late and started packing our stuff; Drew made plans to have lunch with Arthur one last time. I thought I might be able to make it over to Camille's to say farewell, but we didn't make it; and I thought I might swing over to Michelle's house for coffee, but we didn't make it there either. Instead, we had a nice quiet morning and early afternoon hanging out at Rochelle's – all the girls under the age of four took a nap.After we dropped off the car and said our goodbyes, Megan took us to the airport, where we realized that we forgot some stuff in the other car. She was kind enough to go back for it, and while we were waiting, we ran into someone from the moms' group: Carrie and her girls, Anna and Allison, coming back from a long visit to Texas. We had a little catch-up chat before her husband arrived to whisk her home; and we proceeded to check in.
The rest of the day, and overnight flights, were a delirious blur: one can never rest on those flights, and Drew didn't sleep at all from Seattle to Minneapolis. On the first leg to Seattle, the flight was gloriously empty; but it didn't stay that way. Not only were we separated on the two final legs, but the planes were packed tight. By the time we reached Kansas City, we had three cranky, half-sleeping kids, and they're not easily carried when you consider all the luggage. For all my dislike of having to drive across the city to get to KCI, I had to appreciate the airport design though: you're practically at curbside for pick up as soon as you leave the boarding area.