My mom says that when I was a newborn (left), I was often to be seen nursing, or sucking, on my upper lip in that way that babies (only breastfed?) have. G nursed her lip mostly in her sleep, like in a dream, as I seemed to be nursing all the time in the daylight hours in those first few months – I was her pacifier. I almost never saw BB nursing her lip because she took to the nai-zuae ("pacifier") so early and so completely. Her face lights up with such loving longing when you offer it to her nowadays (could it be partially to blame for her supercute lisp?), she'll even give a giddy little laugh. Z doesn't much seem to like the plastic-and-silicon pacifier, although I admit I haven't been very persistent in offering it to her. But she must soothe herself some way so it seems in consequence she's very often nursing her lip (but she doesn't want to breastfeed) or occasionally she'll find her fist or fingers (God forbid she should ever suck her thumb).
08 October 2008
Nursing a Lip
My mom says that when I was a newborn (left), I was often to be seen nursing, or sucking, on my upper lip in that way that babies (only breastfed?) have. G nursed her lip mostly in her sleep, like in a dream, as I seemed to be nursing all the time in the daylight hours in those first few months – I was her pacifier. I almost never saw BB nursing her lip because she took to the nai-zuae ("pacifier") so early and so completely. Her face lights up with such loving longing when you offer it to her nowadays (could it be partially to blame for her supercute lisp?), she'll even give a giddy little laugh. Z doesn't much seem to like the plastic-and-silicon pacifier, although I admit I haven't been very persistent in offering it to her. But she must soothe herself some way so it seems in consequence she's very often nursing her lip (but she doesn't want to breastfeed) or occasionally she'll find her fist or fingers (God forbid she should ever suck her thumb).