Is it just me, or do the holidays make you think of eating? I subscribe to some of those foodie newsletters by email, and it seems to me, the pictures and recipes starting this time of year get richer and more decadent. But I love fall, and it stands to reason that there's some great fall produce with which to make these beautiful foods.

Taking a cue from some mutual friends in D.C., Elizabeth wants to start the same tradition here in Kansas City: a
pumpkin stew party. Which the party will be this weekend, and she assures me that hers is going to look something like the one above – with meat. :) I volunteered to make a grilled corn and tomato
salad, but it seems Costco is all out of the really great sweet corn that we/they had last week. Plan B: is there such thing as a pear, bacon and tomato salad? Oh, and I can't forget the tasty beverage! I'm going to try the
Godmother cocktail.

And I couldn't resist putting this one in: chocolate is a year-round treat, but doesn't
this sound really good for cozying up on a cold night. And
these couldn't hurt either.