It suddenly occurs to me upon rereading some of my older posts that I neglected to mention Z's costume for the school Halloween party. I bought her the cutest little duck outfit from Kmart (right), but not five minutes into the place, the poor thing overheated and I was obliged to take it off her. And in any case, she was tired and there was too much noise – she was kind of fussy – so I put her in the sling and she went to sleep. As I was getting her situated, a young boy came up to me and asked whether or not she was real, as if she were part of my (nonexistent) costume.I've tried to stuff her into it since, on two different occasions, to get a picture, but she hated it both times. For one thing, it's too small. I could only find a suit in the 0-6 months size, and technically it should fit, but I had trouble zipping it and it seemed tight everywhere below the neck. And I don't think they take into account that babies are little heaters unto themselves: the suit doesn't need to be so well-insulated. The fever from Z's immunizations on Monday probably didn't improve things either. But I shall hold onto it and hope that a happy looking baby will wear it one day.