All children, it seems, like to play in/with water, whether it's pouring it back and forth between two cups in the sink, or sitting in a tub of tepid bathwater, or mixing in sand/dirt.I remember the first time G ever used hand soap, the foaming kind. She rubbed her palms together like I told her to, and then she proceeded to wash her forearms, starting at her wrist and slowly working the lather higher and higher until she was practically at the crook of her elbow, even though there was nothing there to clean. I forget if it was just her left arm at first, or both, but for the longest while, she would only wash her palms and her forearms, giving the back of her hands the slightest little dab of soap. So I was a little shocked when BB first washed her hands in the same manner. Now, I've never let the two of them share sink space because I think that would be asking for trouble so I don't think G's ever had the chance to demonstrate her technique to BB. This coincidence rather baffles me. When the time comes, I shall keep a weather eye out for Z's technique.
