11 May 2008
Where There's One
We've had our first cucaracha. (:sigh: I miss Alaska.) I was heading into our closet, flipped on the light and there he was. At first I was in denial: maybe it was just a really fast moving beetle. But you almost can't mistake that dodging run they do as they're trying to get away, like someone's shooting at them. And they're faster than most insects. As Drew was going in for the kill, the cucaracha was trying desperately to incorporate itself into either the wall or the carpet, but that didn't save him. Unfortunately, this means there are probably more somewhere. The trouble is without a dining room table, it's been hard for me to restrict the girls' wandering eating so I've probably got bits of food where it shouldn't be. Because note that I didn't find the cockroach in the kitchen. So I'm anxiously awaiting at least our vacuum, which should be arriving sometime early this week – our car arrived this afternoon –, and hopefully we can decide on and buy a dining room table soon.