I don't know if these pictures need explaining, but I'll do it anyway for my own satisfaction.

Maybe you remember your mouth watering when I did a post about the
rum pot I wanted to make this summer. After talking with some people about it, I guess it's not so clear exactly what it is. Think: sweet boozy (rum) fruit that you can ladle over waffles, or ice cream, or drink (the syrup) straight out of the pot. So a few weeks back I bought a brown "lookies" crock, got me a bottle of
Captain Morgan Tattoo, and started off with a batch of semi-sweet strawberries. I have to tell you, I was kind of torn as to what kind of rum I should get: dark or light. But something about the dark stuff has always called/appealed to me, and after more than a week at the soaking (with an addition of blackberries), I must say I made the right choice. It smells absolutely heavenly – and tastes pretty good too. :) Tomorrow I'll put some more strawberries to it, if the girls don't eat them all first. And in case you're wondering how a light rum might taste, you won't have to wait until next year to find out: I'm getting another crock to try a batch.

This is me at 39 weeks. Does it look like I swallowed a basketball? LOL! Not terribly flattering, I know, and I certainly don't feel it either. But check it: in the lower RH corner is the
new infant car seat. I figured I should get crackin' on preparing for the baby so on Tuesday I took the girls to go buy one. (G's car seat got donated – to make room – when we moved from DC, and BB's was a hand-me-down that we despised so that ended up getting donated too.) It's funny that as we were bringing the box home, G remarked that now that we had the car seat "Mommy could have the baby". That night, yesterday (Wednesday) morning, I woke up with uncomfortable (but not real) contractions. Wouldn't it have been crazy if she had been right? But she kept wanting to open the box, get the seat ready for the baby. I told her she had to wait for Drew to come home (because I wasn't going to lug that box into the house and up the stairs) so she literally pounced on him about it the minute he walked in the door. The girls were preoccupied with the thing for nearly half an hour, checking every inch, taking turns sitting in it, admiring it for the baby in general.