08 September 2008
The Pacifier Mystery
It almost never fails that when we have one of BB's two pacifiers on hand, the other one goes missing no matter how you turn the house out looking for it. This past month and more, we've had the orange/green one: I've kept careful track of it. But then two days ago, she'd had it in her mouth after getting up from a nap and next thing I know, it's nowhere to be found. Of course she put it down somewhere and can't be expected to remember where that somewhere is. We're esp hard pressed before naps and bedtime for a paci so Z has had to graciously lend one of hers – the only difference is a smaller nipple –, making sure that BB understands that it's borrowed, must be given back eventually, not to get too attached to it. Last night I was giving the house another cursory sweep for the orange/green one – I'd given the other up for lost – when crouched on the floor looking under our bed, which I'd done several times in the previous days, out of the corner of my eye, I caught sight of the long lost blue/orange one, wedged perfectly between the bed frame and the side of our bed so that it couldn't be seen from above and only at such an angle from below.