22 September 2008

Go, Go Garlic Gadget

I've been contemplating a long while on garlic gadgets and which for me would be the best one to get. See, I'm not so fond of traditional garlic presses mainly for what I perceive to be a hassle in cleaning – and I don't always want garlic puree. Since my cutlery skills are probably not what they could be, I often don't take the time to mince garlic properly and my alter ego perfectionist self cringes at the nonuniform large chunks, i.e. I want to taste it, not see it. So I've narrowed the field down to two very similar gadgets: the Garlic Twist and the Garlic Pro. The difference between two cloves of garlic and four; plastic teeth and stainless steel blades; but the price is pretty comparable – the opinions on Amazon have decided me. I'm going to take the girls on a little field trip to Williams-Sonoma (love it! can't afford it), and I'll get some first-baby presents while I'm at it.