28 September 2008

Lake Jacomo

We hosted a little BBQ get together at a nearby lake on Saturday, a sort of farewell to summer fling: we had just-hot-enough weather, nearly perfect.

We had lots of kids, and bubbles...

and dolls...
and conversing...

and more bubbles – yes, BB is tasting the bubble mix...

and water balloons...

and a kite. There was hardly any wind in which to fly it, but the kids were so determined to make it go that they were running up and down for what would probably be the sum total of several miles in order to get it up in the air. (I've had two reports today of their kids sleeping *really* well that night.)

One of the glitches in the master plan was the complete absence of cups, and a lot of plates and plastic ware, i.e. we had a few of the latter. Some of the more ingenious members of our party fashioned little cups out of tin foil. And though we considered bringing a radio, I realized only as we were leaving that there was an electricity outlet on the premises.

I think, single-handedly, the biggest crowd pleaser was the water spigot. There weren't many kids who didn't get completely soaked at some point, and there were a couple adults that got their share as well.

Ladder golf. This is the first time I've heard of it, and though I'm certainly no good at it, I would consider getting a set. It's one of those games that anyone, even wee folk, can play, and you'd only be wanting for a little practice in order to be good at it.

Z and Judy Poh-Poh, aka the godmother.

Maybe you can't tell, but BB's entirely soaked and loving it.

It's kind of hard to get the ladder golf game in full swing with the wee folks running back and forth between the ladders. And even if you can get them to stay away during a throw, they can't help themselves to run after the bolos *every* time.

Practicing our cartwheels.

Very cool tricycle.

There's about three weeks' difference in age between our two babies.