Koreans, and to some extent Japanese and Chinese, celebrate a child's 100-day birthday for several reasons (read
here and
here) – I've also read that it marks one year from conception –, celebrations which typically include food, money, and pictures. I've rarely had enough forethought to plan for either of the former, but I have at least managed to get each of the girls' pictures on their 100-day birthday.


G's 100-day birthday almost passed without my getting a picture, but you know, your first baby and you can't help yourself taking a dozen pictures everyday. So it happened that I snapped these two on "accident".




We passed BB's 100-day birthday in Oklahoma City, which I probably would have forgotten to take her picture except I brought our family calendar with us: I was smart that year and had it marked out a couple weeks after she was born.



So today is Z's 100-day birthday. I had a prettier outfit for her to wear, but we had two accidents in a row, and the weather being cooler, we were reduced to green and green.