
We spent Thanksgiving on the Kansas side at Elizabeth's house, which her mother puts on a noble spread; we contributed wine, green bean casserole and Martha Stewart's
tart, which I had intended to make
last year but ran out of time. Alas, mine was not as pretty – the top browned too quickly and I envy the height that MS's tart attained –, but I'm sure it tasted equally pretty. They were kind enough to have us for Thanksgiving two years ago when we were a month in Oklahoma City with only four of every basic kitchen item in our furnished apt, so I was relieved to finally be able to bring something to table; they also invited us for Easter when we were in OKC several months later for another month-long stay.

The kiddie table: Ours were the only occupants because E's oldest sister, who has two kids, did not come home this year.

In between removes, we
played outside in the gorgeous weather and indoors I fairly coveted E's youngest sister's recently purchased Wii. Oh my goodness, that thing is terribly fun and not at all like a regular video game: I'm so impressed! I can't believe I didn't know what all the fuss was about until now. One of the last games we played before taking our leave was tennis and I have to say I got into it so much that I was getting a little warm from the exertion: not at all like a regular video game. And even Drew complained of a sore shoulder on Friday morning. :) I can't wait until E's sister gets the
Guitar Hero game. Someone send me a Wii for Christmas.