There was an article in one of the latest issues of my parenting mag which solicited parents for funny things they say to their kids, like "sit down on your bottom" or "look with your eyes, not with your hands". They may be ridiculous, but yet we still say them – the latter is one of my "favorites"; and at least in our case, I think that kind of statement is very necessary for clarifying what the different parts of the body do. Just the other day, G came running to tell me that she "heard BB still wearing her shoes on your bed".
But G's a very smart cookie in other ways. Drew took leave this week so he could be home with us before going out of town this weekend, and taking our leisure on Monday morning, we all slept in a little. I forget the exact circumstances, but G being under the impression that I might be getting back into bed said to me, "Are you going to sleep? I want you to go back to sleep because I want to watch a movie." Because in order to keep things quiet during naptime, esp mine, Drew oftentimes resorts to showing a movie and G is the full and willing recipient.