27 November 2008

Doublemint Twins

On Monday, I had occasion to go to two different Macy's on the Kansas side to find a replacement size blue blazer that Drew needed for work the next day. His is a popular size and there was recently a great sale on them. Unfortunately, the whole family was out of temper for one reason or another, and I ended up dragging a not-funny-mischievous G and a crying and screaming BB through at least two stores. (I also had to stop at Best Buy to get another keyboard for the computer: someone spilled wine on the original and short circuited it, and I had a case due.) When Drew got home in the afternoon, I told him it'd be best if he took the girls out – and maybe leave them somewhere :) – so he decided to go to Independence, north of us, and see what he could find in the way of another blazer. As it happens, there was a major jam heading north so that he turned the car around and ended up at the latter Macy's, where we made the biggest scene that same morning. In the course of things, the woman helping Drew commented, "Your children are so well behaved. We had some this morning that were horrible!" LOL! We've decided it must have been the same woman because she was just coming off an eight hour shift when Drew arrived. The man that succeeded her was a grandfather of like 17 kids, showed Drew all his wallet pictures, so Drew says he didn't mind a single bit when our girls were running amuck.

Happy Thanksgiving