In case you've forgotten (or you didn't know), my birthday is coming up next week. This year I got a KitchenAid food processor (and a steak dinner to come). Some women might laugh at getting such an item and pooh-pooh it as being utilitarian? or maybe degrading? But there are those of us who appreciate and love such things, esp when it means easily accomplishing a wider variety of recipes. Did I mention I'm making this for Thanksgiving?
The first thing that struck me about my new appliance (besides its color, which Drew chose) is the shear size. They're not foolin' when they make a 12-cup-capacity food processor. I mean the thing's probably about as big (and as heavy?) as my old school KitchenAid mixer. So the big question becomes where to store the thing. If I ever have a house of my own, I would get one of these for the mixer at least – but maybe it can double for the food processor too.