After getting Fastpasses for the new Toy Story ride (i.e. open in June), our first stop is the Tower of Terror! And I quote,
G: I like the up and down. I don't like the scary part [which has to do with the Twilight Zone].We decide to skip the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, which I actually have fond memories of although it makes me sick to my stomach.
BB: I don't like the scary part! [And] I don't like the up and down! (In other words, she screamed and cried throughout even though she insisted on going because G got to go on it.)
We go on to the Studio Backlot Tour, which we didn't get anything out of except to be off our feet for a bit;
and then the kids climbed around on the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids play set.
We caught a showing of Voyage of the Little Mermaid, for which I can recommend the opening number of Under the Sea; the rest, not so much. Then I went to go find our stroller...
And then it was time for us to get in line for the Toy Story ride. BB enjoyed the 3D part so much, she barely used her pop gun.
Drew wanted to buy the girls a souvenir, but neglected to set a price range or limits of any kind, so that G ended up selecting the $60 Little Mermaid costume dress. By way of saying no, I had to explain some economics to G: namely, a little ol' $60 dress is no longer a $60 dress, when BB and Z also want one (not that Z really cares though). So we decided to head for Downtown Disney after a dip in the pool and dinner to hunt for something else.
There was a balloon impressionist at Chevy's that evening. He was far better than the one we once had at Perkins back home. For one thing, he would save bits of balloons for re-use, like the snippet of black balloon used for the rabbit's nose.
Downtown Disney stores, in particular, World of Disney, sells everything you'd find in any Disney park store, except consolidated, and that's where we again ran into – and then away from – the $60 dress.
So then we tried Once Upon a Toy, which claims to contain the classics, like Mr Potato Head, Star Wars and My Little Pony. As I was chatting with another mother standing at the MLP table, I discovered the solution to our $60 dress dilemma.
At this kiosk is all the accessories a horse could ever want from blankets, shoes and capes; to combs, tea cups and tutus; to mouse ears (a la Minnie Mouse), princess caps and earrings, crowns and necklaces. For $20, you can have as much as you can stuff into a box. (Word: Hasbro is discontinuing MLP.) Nearby was a very determined father and his two patient daughters, looking on.
Disney employees are pretty generous with the stickers.
This is what Aunt Christie and I managed to take away in our boxes. Extras of everything, except the horses, so (theoretically) there shouldn't be any fighting. I was thinking it over that night and, if I could do it over again, I would have packed more horses and less clothes.









