I'm setting up as a hairdresser!
I cut the girls' bangs yesterday in anticipation of AhPoh's visit – she arrives this afternoon. Well, really, the hair in their eyes has been driving me crazy lately, so what better time to do the snip-snip? BB wanted to be sure I wasn't going to cut the back though. So I had them hold the trash bin at their chest, and then I cut away (with scissors as opposed to Drew's hair cutting implement of choice: an electric razor). BB's first go was beginner's-luck-perfect, but then she wanted it shorter and I don't think it turned out as well. I had to be super quick with Z, who needed a few wisps trimmed. (When she first got up on the stool, she had her back to me, so I told her to turn around, which she kept repeating as "dong ga lie".) G told me beforehand how long she wanted her hair. The first try was a smidgen longer in the middle, but considering my experience, I decided not to fix it. The straight-across is not particularly stylish, but at least they can be seen in public.
As I was working on G's hair, BB asked if she could have a pair of scissors to cut Z's hair. Seizing the teaching moment, I told the girls, because they were all present, that if they decided to cut their own hair, fixing it could potentially mean a hairdo like Daddy's, horror of horrors. Hopefully that puts a stop to any ideas that might be swirling in their little heads.