I thought it would drive me more crazy than it has: a lot of her questions are downright reasonable, that is, if I stopped to ponder them from her point of view, I would wonder why too. Sometimes I become preoccupied with thinking up a clever answer, but then in the split second of thought, I reason that a clever answer might require an explanation and to an almost-four-year-old is it really worth it? Usually a simple answer, or a plain "I don't know", suffices – and we move on to the next question.
05 December 2008
That Ponderous Age
I realized a few days ago that G has reached that age of questioning – everything. Why are the flowers on your apron only red, yellow and blue? Why are you changing Z's clothes (or in the alternative: diaper)? Why is her underwear pink? Why do you wear those glasses? Why did you throw that (insert item) away? Why doesn't the ladybug move? Why do you have your eyes closed? Why are your socks so long? &tc. &tc.
I thought it would drive me more crazy than it has: a lot of her questions are downright reasonable, that is, if I stopped to ponder them from her point of view, I would wonder why too. Sometimes I become preoccupied with thinking up a clever answer, but then in the split second of thought, I reason that a clever answer might require an explanation and to an almost-four-year-old is it really worth it? Usually a simple answer, or a plain "I don't know", suffices – and we move on to the next question.
I thought it would drive me more crazy than it has: a lot of her questions are downright reasonable, that is, if I stopped to ponder them from her point of view, I would wonder why too. Sometimes I become preoccupied with thinking up a clever answer, but then in the split second of thought, I reason that a clever answer might require an explanation and to an almost-four-year-old is it really worth it? Usually a simple answer, or a plain "I don't know", suffices – and we move on to the next question.