Now that I've had a couple of weeks to "drive" my new age around, I'll tell you how I celebrated my birthday. I'm the low-key down-low kind, don't make a big fuss, a quiet family dinner, definitely a couple of presents. I'm not opposed to having my picture taken on my birthday, but it seems this year I forgot, really not on purpose, only got pictures of everyone else at my "party".


For lunch we went to the
First Watch in Independence; and in the evening Drew made his terrific pizza, and I tried a molten chocolate cake recipe I got through email. As to my present, I managed to finagle two. I had a choice between Drew's smooth face, i.e. shaving his beard, or a
tulip magnolia. Evidently, there's a nursery here in town that sells the latter, ready to bloom. But to my way of thinking, it's going to be spring before I can set eyes on my gift, and I'll need a yard, which will hopefully have our house on it as well, to set its roots down in, so in the meantime, I shall need to be pacified with the other option. :) One puzzle, birthday related, that's been on Drew's mind: what to do next year? Because it's going to be a big one – I'm turning 20 – and would I want a big blow out party, or the typical discreet affair.