16 December 2008

Snow Slide

At midday of G's first grand snow day (see previous post), I put her and BB out to play in the backyard. They only wanted to play on the porch at first, but later decided they wanted to see the rest of the snow so I gave them a lift over the gate, which keeps them from easily going up and down by themselves. As I was going through the toys in their room (in preparation for Christmas), I kept hearing a thumping noise, like G might be throwing something at the deck. Occasionally, I'd also hear her yelling something, but I thought maybe she was talking to BB. When I finally took a peek outside, G looked quite delighted about something, and turns out, she'd discovered that if she bumped, or in this case tossed a plastic mug onto the appropriate spot of the stair banisters, it would cause all the snow on the banister to slide off, like a mini avalanche. She was trying to communicate this to me through the closed window.