03 March 2008

'Tis the Season for a Tupperware Party?

Someone tell me if it's just me, but in the last three weeks I've been hit up four times (!) for, i.e. invited to attend, those hosted parties that used to be exclusive to Tupperware. Is it something in the air? Does spring cause people to want to buy expensive housewares? I remember in high school those candle parties were all the rage – and totally out our price range, esp for something that's just going to burn to a puddle of goo.

Three of the four aforementioned parties were for the same line of goods by Southern Living at Home. Different homes, same consultant doing the song and dance. I begin to wonder if it's a conspiracy. Thankfully I had the excuse of being out of town for the first two, but I might not be able to escape the third, which is being held this Saturday. And today this came in the ol' email from someone I know: Longaberger. I've never heard of them, but they have cute little baskets in case you're interested.