01 March 2008

Blast from the Past...Present

Call me a magazine junkie. I love the articles in the Smithsonian; I like to look at all the merchandise in Domino, but most of their decorating ideas are a little too busy for me; I get recipes and cooking techniques out of Everyday Food, Food and Wine, Martha Stewart Living (also good for crafts, etc.), Gourmet; sometimes I feel as if I know about as much as Parenting, but I like to see their ideas on toys and games.

Anyway there were a whole slew of magazines waiting for us when we got back from our trip. I was flipping through the Domino and spotted this so-called trend: the vintage wall phone. And there's a website that sells them. As some of my college friends can tell you, I like the old phones. In my first year, I scoured the local second-hand stores looking for the hotel phone. Mine was beige. And I didn't pay $65 for it. (I think it ended up in the donation bin after college.) So to the point: I had myself a good laugh when I saw this phone for sale. Except for the color (and maybe the AT&T label), it's the exact same phone that's currently in use in my mom's kitchen! It just goes to show, if you keep it around long enough, it might come back into style one day. :) Incidentally, she's also still got the rotary version lurking around somewhere in the house.