The heater has finally gone kaput! No kidding! And unmistakably so. (Thank goodness it's decently "warm" out.) Since my last post about this particular topic, we've just kept the heater running pretty much nonstop with the override switch down and the flow valve half open. When it gets too hot, I simply open some windows and the porch door. Admittedly, it's very wasteful, but I'm not going to running up and down stairs burning my fingers on the override switch in an attempt to regulate the temperature in my apt. That's what I'm supposed to have a thermostat for.
So this morning before leaving for work, Drew had turned off the heater thinking that it was going to be a warm day out, full sunshine, the works. But the forenoon turned up mostly overcast so that the thermometer just kept dipping. At lunch I called Drew for directions on how to turn the override switch – turns out I had been looking at the wrong one – and voila, no heat! Well, of the seven heating units, only *half* of one is warm to the touch. So that leads me to believe that my dad was right in thinking that one of the water pipes is clogged. I wonder if our landlord will understand any of this.