26 March 2008
Shopping: Etsy
I've always been a bit of a window-shop-aholic. It suits me in that I can "shop" the expensive, luxurious stuff that I like and still remain the penny-pincher that I am at heart. Shopping on the internet, of course, is a window shopper's dream. All those stores at the click of a button. My latest passion/addiction is a site that sells handmade goods. One of the blogs that I sometimes read did a post on some really cute jewelry – and the rest got me hooked. It's set up a lot like eBay, except of course you don't bid on anything. What I like are the different themed items that are showcased at the top of the homepage, and further down, the "Recently Listed Items" that scroll by every fifteen seconds. I can tell you, I've wasted many a fifteen seconds looking at all the cool stuff. And if you get an account, you can save favorite items or sellers to a list. :)