22 April 2010
Keyed Up
We received the key to our new house yesterday morning, much earlier than expected. (Our realtor called us at nearly ten the night before to say she had it in hand.)
This happy tulip was there to welcome us home. And would you believe, within two hours of our arrival, we'd met two of our neighbors? Curtis, who lives behind us, gave Drew the low down on our local population of garden-decimaters: the deer and rabbits; and Candee, who lives in one of the other cul-de-sacs, was out walking her grandson when she stopped by to say hi to the previous owners. (Boy was she surprised when I answered the door.)
Our picnic dinner of pizza take-out after a long day of light dusting and drawer-vacuuming, the worst I have to report, thankfully; trips back and forth from the old house (of things the movers won't move, like perishables and open liquids, flammables); and rediscovering toys I had stowed away in a box.