05 April 2010

28 Weeks and a (Borderline) Failure

I blame the (small) dessert the night before my routine glucose test two weeks ago for missing the mark by two points. (And maybe I shouldn't have had that extra squidge of honey in my morning tea.) Now I'm scheduled to do the wretched 3-hour glucose exam, my first, this morning, the morning after Easter dinner (below, at ~30 weeks). Drew's going to get nearly four days' holiday out of the deal – he took Good Friday off –, since I'm going to need someone to watch the kids while I languish in the doc's office. And I suppose it's just as well: the realtor-appointed cleaning lady is coming by, the realtor herself will also be here to stage the place, take pictures and put up the lawn sign, and by noon we should be open for business as it were.

There's no such thing as flattering picture when you've been on your feet all day cleaning – how does the living room look? – and there's no one but the self-timer to take a picture for you.

---
Happy Birthday, AhPoh.