20 September 2009

Triple Threat

I've a wealth of G quotes lately, but these three stand out – and are the only ones I managed to get down verbatim before they became skewed in my memory.

---
Title: Pizza and a Movie
While watching the Princess Bride, BB's selection from Blockbuster, G turned and said to Drew, "Daddy, I think you shouldn't let me watch a movie and eat pizza 'cause I'll just watch the movie and not eat my pizza. You should just give me pizza."

---
Title: Too Many Stuffs
During Mommy-instituted clean up before dinner one evening, G, who'd done her part in the kitchen and living room, was doing a partial headstand against the couch.
G: Daddy... Daddy, can you help me?
D: What?
G: I don't have a problem. BB has a problem. BB has too many stuffs [sic] in her room. (They share a room and it's all their "stuffs".)
---
Title: Dot the "i"
Over lunch, G was telling me about putting dots on little i's and little j's. After she had pondered a bit, she asked, "How come we don't put two little dots over the 'u'?" And in a jab at witticism, though I was the only one at table to appreciate it, I replied, "Because we're not German."