21 September 2009

Teacher Appreciation

Price Chopper had a cart full of plain T-shirts on clearance for $1 so I picked up a few for freezer paper stenciling. For some reason, I was under the impression that teacher appreciation day was sometime at the end of the month – I was wrong –, and as I had just heard Ms Stephanie commenting on an older student's volleyball team T-shirt, I thought we could stencil something similar for her. Now you'll have to use your imaginations here, because in the excitement of the gifting, I forgot to take a picture of it. In an arc across the top, it says "Our Lady of Lourdes"; there's a stylized cross in the middle, where the volleyball team's has the school crest/shield; and it says "Knights", our mascot, at the bottom – all in a light purple acrylic that G applied to a brown T-shirt, which I realized later should be navy blue for our school color. Details.


G liked it so much, I let her draw a couple more pictures (on freezer paper) and we transferred them to two other T-shirts for herself and BB, which will be used as nightgowns for now: a red sunflower and a blue owl clock, modeled after our Kit Kat. Though she was eager to do one for Z and had the drawing made up right away, it took me a few days to get around to cutting and transferring.

Z's is meant to be a sunflower clock, but Drew and I both think it ended up looking more like a lion.