25 September 2009

TOPh: Stuffed Animals

It's been too long: I'm going to revisit That Old Photo.

Do you love my hair? And my stuffed animal collection (c. 1990)? (I'm sure it's lurking about in its entirety in boxes in my mom's house somewhere.) I remember how carefully I arranged them all so each one could be seen, and that's a painstaking task when you consider how small some of them are. I don't think I particularly loved or cherished any one of them, though I can recall the special circumstances in which some of them came to be in my possession; nor do I remember ever playing with them as you sometimes see only-children depicted on TV playing tea party with stuffed animals (and dolls) as guests. They were simply bed-decoration, an occasional hindrance to space-finding. And now I know them for what they really are: dust collecting germ magnets.