06 September 2009

Soap-Scented Breath

Picking Z up on the way out to the car, I caught a whiff of an out-of-place soap scent on her person. I sniffed and sniffed and realized it was coming from her mouth! My first thought was of the hand soap – towards the back of the sink where even G would have a hard time reaching it without a stool – and questioned both G and BB about it. The former, I'm sure, knows enough not to pull a stunt like that, so it fell to BB, who caved after some pressing. Of course none of the usual punishments would bring home the importance of not putting soap (or anything else!) in your sister's mouth quite like tasting soap for yourself: BB got a liberal squirt of the foam, wailed the entire time, and was allowed to spit the whole bit out after about 10 seconds.