G: Are you listening to what I'm telling you?!---
BB: No!
G: And when I'm older I'm going to drive a car and make cakes and...---
Me: Get married?
G: And get married and blow bubbles.
G "reading" Fancy Nancy: I am so proud of my whole family. They eat [with] their pinkies up and call each other 'darling'.---
I've been reading about making one's own butter by shaking some heavy cream in a jar with a marble. (Note: I don't think you necessarily need the marble, but hearing it rattling around gives you an idea of what's going on in the jar.) The girls with one baby food jar each shook vigorously (see also here) for about a minute before they lost interest: G was impatient for her butter and BB would rather pretend she was drinking the cream. But it didn't take long to get to the whipped cream stage; getting to the next step of cream-to-butter was a little more intensive than I imagined: I had to take over. The butter itself was creamier than the store-bought, though in future I would add some salt for flavor; the buttermilk went into our coffee cake.