24 March 2009

Magic Tissue Box (revised)

I was surfing some blogs that I read and came across this project for a fabric tissue box. It's true what she says about pulling out tissue after tissue; and this was "cheap and easy" if you don't count the fact that I indulged in a really nice pair (with coupon) of pinking shears. I completed the majority of my tissues on Saturday evening only to find that I might be too early for the phenomenon in Z's case. But my effort was not in vain: BB loves the colorful fabric tissues on their own, and when not interrupted (by G), she likes to stuff them into the box one by one and then pull them out one by one.

Furthermore, I used portions of my fat quarters to make beanbags, ten in all, which the girls were treating as cupcakes after dinner. As I was finishing the last, I was reminiscing on the last time I made a beanbag: I would guess about fifteen years ago when my aunt Terry (小阿姨) helped me to buy my sewing machine. But I credit my recent crafting fire to Megan. If she can successfully craft with three kids (about the same ages as the girls) and one due very soon, you would think I could too.