07 August 2008

I Love Corn

As you must already know, 'tis the season for fresh corn! I love the stuff, love just about anything with corn in it, would add it to everything I cooked if Drew didn't object. (Only recently he mistook diced yellow bell pepper for corn kernels and asked me, somewhat disgustedly, "Why'd you add corn?" But really, I'm not as bad as that – anymore.) I made this the other day, and assured Drew that the recipe called for corn. Alas, I had only the frozen kind so I don't think it was as good as it could have been. (I have a tasty variation that calls for chorizo and butter beans.) This (pictured) tasty recipe caught my eye this afternoon: how can you go wrong with bacon and/or butter. I think I once heard Emeril say you could make anything, even a car bumper, taste good with butter. Or garlic. Or bacon. And this would be the pièce de résistance. I would probably never actually make it, but I could always threaten Drew with it. (Which by the way, he liked the sour cream ice cream even though he said he wouldn't.)

And if you're looking for a good foodie movie, Babette's Feast is fantastic.