26 August 2008

And Then There Were Two Two Days a Week

Confession: we were late to our first day of school. In all my days I've never seen so many cars, the morning rush, between here and the church/school. Typically, it takes about 15-20 minutes, but after stopping at nearly every light, in sometimes stop-and-go back-ups, it was more on 30 minutes, which makes a difference. Even as I was leaving after having dropped G off, slipped out while she was distracted, the traffic was noticeably diminished – arrived home in fifteen minutes.

Who was the most traumatized in all this? So far it's BB. (My spirits were too agitated from being late – but I had the presence of mind to get the "First Day" picture –, and we have yet to go back and pick G up.) Well I'm not sure if she was upset that I hustled her away from the toys, or that she is without her gie-gie. On the ride home, she kept repeating, "Gie-gie...gie-gie." Of course after some little time at home, she realized she's got me practically to herself.

To be continued...