09 February 2008

TOPh: Stuffed Animals

Do you remember having a favorite stuffed animal as a child? I'm not sure I had one favorite in particular, but I sure had plenty of them. I can't say that I ever remember actively collecting them – I just had them. You know, then as now, giving stuffed animals to kids is very common and that's probably how it all started out. So I think when I set this picture up, I had intended that I have photographic evidence of my collection for all time, but considering my mom's pack rat habits, they're probably all still there, packed in their box from when we moved some 15 years ago.

Since then I've changed my opinion somewhat on stuffed animals: I think they're disgusting hotbeds of grossness and filth. But you can't stop your child from loving and obsessing over one (unless it's a favorite blanket), so I just keep washing and washing and washing...

p.s. What do you think of my perm? :)