18 February 2008

Alo-Ha!

Typically I'm one of those people that waits until the last minute to pack. But it's easy to motivate yourself when it's HAWAII, and when your flight doesn't leave until the afternoon, which is kind of unusual for Anchorage. I thought for sure I'd be sitting around this morning kind of twiddling my thumbs, but as is often the case, something comes up.

Late last night, as we were finishing up a movie – that dragon movie Eragon: it wasn't very good – and I was putting the finishing touches on our luggage, I heard a distinctive drip-drip-dripping sound...that sound that all homeowners dread...and it was originating from right above the kitchen sink. Of course we don't own this place, but doesn't it just figure that when I have a free moment, I'll be spending it removing everything from my kitchen counters and transferring all our clothes from the closet, where the ceiling crawlspace access point is, to the guest bedroom.

For your enjoyment, some pre-flight antics. Drew would like to point out that he should have ended the song by going into a rendition of the Hawaii Five-O song. :)