09 February 2008

Quotables

How can I keep from blogging with material like this:

On the weekends, G turns into a bit of a movie junky. Really, she's addicted. But in particular, when Daddy's home, she knows she can get at least one or two out of him if she begs/asks often enough. (I'm a bit of the spoil-sport: she usually gets only one or two out of me during the entire week.) Our movie of choice today is Cinderella. If I haven't mentioned it before, G *is* Cinderella. So the begging started the minute she realized that Dada was home and in order to stall her a bit, Drew was chatting her up about Cinderella in general. And then he asks her, "Are you Cinderella?" And G replies, with carefully enunciated words, with little pauses in between each word,
"Let's not talk about me. I want to watch Cinderella."