
Keeping track of clothing for more than one kid is not an easy task. For one thing, they grow out of things so quickly. For another, clothing in size 12M isn't necessarily the same size with all clothing makers – a trouble I'm sure adults have as well. (Adults at least have the luxury of staying one size for years.) So it's this continuous shuffle multiplied by however many kids you have. It seems most parents have their own little system. We put one in place when we moved from DC. But even with a system, sometimes it seems like I'm still struggling to make sure my kids aren't wearing high-waters, or that their little tummies aren't poking out from shirts that are too short. (Shirts for little girls seem purposely short in the torso these days, like they're trying to sell parents on the hooker-look at younger and younger ages. My kids won't be wearing any of those awful printed message shirts either.) Anyway with all the recent new-found time on my hands, I finally switched out BB's current clothing pile into the 12M-18M sizes. And as I was flipping through the clothes (looking for a swim suit for BB for you-know-where), I saw some familiar and beloved clothes, like G's first Easter dress and the orange Pooh one-piece.