16 June 2010

I Can See Clearly Now... Sort Of


The girls took these pictures (G, top; BB, above) of me minutes before our departure for the hospital on Saturday. Even though it was nearly noon, the sky had darkened into a heavy downpour. I wrote the below post Friday afternoon – unfortunately, the eye part is still true.

---
Nearly three weeks after first experiencing symptoms of what would later be diagnosed as episcleritis, I still can't see clearly out of my right eye (like glaucoma?), even though the redness (and pain) is finally completely gone. The worst of it was Memorial Day weekend, one week in, when I thought for sure I must be inadvertently closing my eye to the pain and watering – in reality, my eye was so blurred I was practically blind. And last Saturday, at two weeks, I had a horrible flare up (even though it'd been improving considerably in the preceding days) that sent me to bed early. I hesitate yet to make a trip to the eye doc until after the baby to see if it won't really clear up then.

Meanwhile, today I'm 39 weeks and 3 days – and no sign of baby. If I make it to Tuesday's appt (at 40 weeks), my OB will want to schedule an induction. But my money's on Sunday.

And before the deluge of new baby pictures, here are the albums from April and May.