17 February 2010

Lenten 'Do

The last time I got my hair cut was in July of last year. And there was that time a couple months ago when I was emboldened by Megan and YouTube to trim my own bangs. But I don't usually keep to a regular schedule – my hair grows so excruciatingly slow that by the time I think about getting a cut, six to nine months have elapsed. I was hoping to get a cut on Monday, but the Korean lady I normally go to was closed for the holiday. So I decided to try Custom Cuts because I had a coupon. This is the first time I've had a Caucasian lady cut my hair in nearly two years – yes, I discriminate –, and it didn't go as badly as the last time, which was when I randomly picked a salon out of the phonebook when we first moved here. (I got an older lady who didn't know the first thing about new styles.) Keep an eye out for my new hair in future posts.