When sitting on the living room couch, one can see all the way down the hallway into our bedroom. I happened to see Z toddle in there one morning, probably eyeballing the half-open dresser drawer, which contains her clothes, with a mind to scatter. But before making her intentions known, she turned in my direction, saw me watching her, gave a little smile – I kid you not – and moved to close the bedroom door. I gave her a few moments and then when Drew passed by I had him look in on her. Sure enough, she was standing at the dresser drawer, left arm in mid-scatter-motion, looking wide-eyed and innocent. She didn't even flinch at her intended crime. She simply put the article of clothing back and walked out as if she'd been "just looking". Yet another example of how younger siblings are that much more clever.
Later that same day, rather than fight Z to take a nap, I let her stay up. She had gone into the bathroom and closed the door – still not tall enough to open them for herself – about mid-afternoon and after awhile I noticed it had gotten too quiet. I found her passed out cold on the floor.
