I don't know what it means, and it might not be anything, but I want to go on record now as more recently having a stronger inclination towards the color blue, i.e. a boy color. I've always liked the deeper shades of blue (but not dark like "navy") – you should see my dishes – but never for my childrens' clothing – you can't miss us, we're a riot of pink here –, unless of course it's hand-me-down.
Before having Z, I decided to try pouch slings for the first time, and bought a beautiful blue/periwinkle one off a lady via Etsy. Maybe by then I was already too far gone with the pregnancy, what with water retention and all, that I felt the medium was too small and exchanged for a red one (in size large). I absolutely love the red one and so did Z, but it got too big as I started to slim down: not suitable for petite Z (or an infant). Since I've always kind of regretted the blue one, I recently wrote to the lady to see if she might have some more of that same periwinkle fabric – I love her pattern selections. Unfortunately, she did not, and though she had some pretty red fabrics on hand, I felt a blue was calling to me.
Long story short, I chose the above stretch corduroy, which is more brown/maroon, still very much a boy color in my opinion, than the red that you see. (Red is just a darker shade of pink, you know.) It arrived earlier this week and I can't wait to put a new baby in it!
