I'm convinced that some local or world event, I haven't discovered what yet, can be predicted based on the synchronicity of my childrens' bowel movements. I kid you not. In a given day, I can't tell you how many times I hear battles over who gets to use the potty first, which is probably just a matter of sympathetic bladders. You know, one girl announces she has to "niow-niow", which puts the other one in mind of her "niow-niow", and next thing you know it's a race. Sometimes someone gets knocked over, but usually the loser whines the entire time the winner's on the potty, complaining that they can't wait any longer, it's an emergency, when really, left on their own, they didn't have to go in the first place. It can be as comical as you imagine it, maybe even more so.
The real trick, however, is the evening poop, and I'm not talking food poisoning here. Usually, Z kicks off the event, which you never can tell with babies anyway, and within half an hour, the other two have had their turn, no sympathy needed. Mind you, this doesn't happen every day, which is what leads me to believe that it's some sort of cosmic sign. Someone tell me, is my house the only place where this phenomenon occurs?