28 August 2009
Just Between Friends
Twice yearly there's a big kids' consignment sale near our house: clothes, shoes, maternity goods, toys, cribs, strollers, and depending on the season winter coats or swim suits. Each time I've been, it's gotten bigger and therefore changed to bigger venues – I don't normally do well in thrift stores, so attending one of these makes my head spin. (As we were leaving, I had a momentary panic searching for BB, who was sitting in the stroller.) This time I went with two goals in mind: a winter coat and maybe snow pants for at least G; and some long pants for her. You can find some pretty good deals on Children's Place or Gymboree, which is about the only brand I buy at these events, but people must be smoking crack when they want so much for their faded Wal-mart goods. Anyway mission accomplished, and I even got a cute little corduroy jumper outfit for BB. There's another sale, different group, in another couple of weeks. I guess I better figure out what else I need for the winter.