To date, I've only ever been apart of a wedding party twice (that I can recall), not including my own. The first was when I was flower girl for my aunt Gabrielle's wedding (in Taiwan).

My aunt May is doing the bride's hair in this picture. And that's little ol' me with the big smile on my face (and flowers in my hand).


I remember very few details of our trip or the wedding itself. Two things only stick out in my mind about the latter: 1) how that flower girl dress itched me and how wearing the red overcoat made it worse; and 2) being in awe of getting to sit on my aunt's gown for the photos.


The photo above is, I believe, from the reception. Lots of red, which is a traditional wedding color.


These are some miscellaneous photos also from the wedding, which I don't think anyone's seen for years. The top one is of my mom (standing), my grandma and me. The above is of my mom (in blue), Aunt May, Aunt Terry, and Uncle Paul, siblings of the bride. This picture in particular reminds me that this must have been about the time that my aunt Terry gave birth to her twin boys. I caught chicken pox shortly before they were born and was banned from visiting them in the hospital. It was miserable because I itched and I itched to see the babies.