11 January 2008

Sporting a New 'Do

It's a week ago today that G and I got our hair cut – her first cut. It took us a while to coax her into the chair, above, and every second we thought she was going to make a run for it. Everyday since I've looked at her hair and thought, why didn't we do this sooner? It's really that cute.

Okay, maybe not so much when she's making that face. (She's been making those faces a lot lately and I don't know where she got it from.) But most notably, the wispy bits in front were trimmed off so it's not in her eyes and the back was cut straight so that the finished look is a bob. And my hair dresser, also our former landlady, did a little feathering around the face so it doesn't look too much like those traditional bowl/mushroom cuts (with the heavy straight-across bangs) that little Chinese girls inevitably end up with. (I'm sorry but I can't really stand that look.) You can see the 'do a little better in BB's birthday video.

Unfortunately, I'm not as happy with my haircut. It requires a little more styling than I'm willing to commit to – when it's not styled I remind myself of one of those shabby mop-topped teenage boys that I've been seeing around lately. And the top is a little shorter than I would like. It's a good thing it'll grow back.

Afterwards, we went and had ice cream next door.