09 January 2008
Something in the Water
We have a joke here: "Guess who's *not* pregnant?" There have been so many pregnancy announcements in the last couple of months – I can count at least ten that are due between May and August – that one would be better off keeping track of who isn't pregnant. (There are three others that are due within the next month.) One of the moms in our group was musing how there would only be two of them left to cook meals for the rest of us, that we might have to recruit outside our group to keep the new moms and their families fed. (Having a meal brought to you after having a baby is probably one of the most helpful things, whether it's your first or your fifth. If you're looking for a good gift for someone, I would highly recommend that.) With BB, I was quite impressed with the variety of meals our group can do. In the meals that I've made since, I've tried really hard to make them interesting too, i.e. not your run-of-the-mill lasagna in a tin pan. As I mentioned before, I'll be dusting off the ol' cookbook in the next few weeks. Any suggestions would be appreciated.