
I guess it wasn't going to be long before BB started logging her own climbing hours – her big sister models it often enough for her. This picture (left) is back from October: the first documented climb. And she looks innocent enough, doesn't she? Recently, like within the last couple of weeks, she's become a bit more daring, but not much. BB, by nature, is quite faint of heart, delicate. Where G will throw herself into pain's (vs harm) way without a second thought (because she loves the thrill), BB will shrink away at the mere hint of pain. But maybe that will change as she gets older and she's tasted some good thrills.Two weeks ago it was the rocker ottoman, but only if I held it very steady. (Reminds me of my older monkey's younger days, right.) She took a face-first dive when I made a move to catch her, thinking that she was falling and throwing off her balance in the process, so that's been on hold. Then last week it was the freestanding green Lego box, i.e. no table nearby to hold on to. Today it was the toddler chair. Our two-tier step stool has been her real nemesis. I can't tell you how many times I've had to help her off the bottom tier after she'd gotten up and realized either she was too scared to continue or too scared to come down.