14 November 2011
Outings
With the rain finally letting up a bit, we went for a walk on the grounds, there's some little bit of gardening and blooming flowers. When it started raining again, we walked back and forth in the main vestibule, it's the main entrance connecting three buildings together. There's also a meeting room, exercise equipment, and a pool available for residents.
We're on the 7th floor, the girls enjoy their daily elevator rides, up and down.
One day we went to the small supermarket a couple blocks away. In Taiwan, businesses, restaurants, stores, and apt buildings are jumbled together, so that everything's super convenient as far as walking is concerned. BB asked me why we weren't driving our car to get groceries.
The next day we took an adventure to the even bigger grocery store (for some items that the smaller store didn't have) a further two or three blocks down the street. I was told it was like a Costco, but it's more like a Super Target, all underground. I think is the first time I've ever seen the shopping cart escalator.
Meanwhile, Z had an outing of her own with San YeePoh, they strolled around the neighborhood together and when Z fell asleep, San YP found a cafe to sit and have coffee at. On the way home, it rained a bit, so that Z got to wear this raincoat.
Wong PohPoh made these excellent little baozi (without a rolling pin) for us. I'm hoping she'll make pineapple cakes with the girls, or maybe some moon cakes, or zhong zhi, I love those too. She's got quite a repertoire, I heard mention of lion's head. Yum.