28 May 2010

The Swatch Watch

Deanna at Nell Hills sent me some new fabric swatches yesterday, which are in the same color scheme as the samples she initially sent home with us.

The only one I really liked was this "past times harvest" pattern (top), which would look fantastic on a set of chairs; the beige burlap weave was a little too light-colored for me.


Neither of the stripey patterns appealed to me, possibly because I've never been that big a fan of plaid. The two patterned pieces (names?) are actually different: the top has more pink and gold undertones, though maybe you can't tell so much when it's paired with the solid red like that; and the above is more green, esp when held against the pink and gold sample. I'm not sure what Deanna had in mind with these – I could be persuaded towards either of the patterns given the right circumstances.